FIND MBA - MBA Programs Wordwide

MBA Discussion Board

MBA Discussion Board > USA > Affordable MBA RSS Feed

Affordable MBA

tnamakola
Affordable MBA
Tue May 05, 2009 06:51 PM
I want to do an MBA in the US. This I know will be a good opportunity of having an international perspective in my professional growth. Unfortunately, most American MBA programs a very expensive. Is there any college which offers a good and yet affordable program
Show ProfileProfile P.M. Quote
MBAAdmCracker

Affordable MBA
Tue May 05, 2009 11:45 PM
I want to do an MBA in the US. This I know will be a good opportunity of having an international perspective in my professional growth. Unfortunately, most American MBA programs a very expensive. Is there any college which offers a good and yet affordable program

Where are you based? Perhaps you can look at a local program? You can also take out loans and pay them off over time.
raulchebat

Affordable MBA
Fri May 22, 2009 05:17 AM
An MBA is really an expensive undertaking, especially in the United States, but there are a lot of scholarships and loan opportunities.. Just search online.. Good luck.
sally
Affordable MBA
Sat May 23, 2009 01:45 PM
State schools generally skew slightly less than private schools that are in their same league .. but they can still be really expensive. (Obviously if you go to a public school in the state you live in you can also shave off another few thousand bucks.)

The cheapest tuition I've heard of for an accredited school is in the $18,000 a year range.. but that would be a school with pretty much no internationally recognized brand.

Here are some of the top public US programs in order by financial times ranking. I put example prices in parethesis next to some of the schools' names. Note that the prices are per year, and most programs are 2 years. The higher they a school is on the list, the more expensive it's likely to be:

University of Michigan -- Ross ($45,400 a year -- $40,400 for Michigan residents. )
UCLA -- Anderson
UC Berkely -- Haas
University of Arizona -- Eller
University of Maryland -- Smith ( about $42,000 a year, $33,000 for Maryland residents.)
University of North Carolina -- Kenan-Flagler ($39,049 per year in state; NC residents, $19525 per year)
University of Texas at Austin: McCombs (out of state $40500)
University of Pittsburgh: Katz (about $25,000 a year, $18,000 for PA residents.)
Texas A & M University: Mays ( $28,092 out of state , $17,976 in state.)
Indiana University: Kelley
University of Florida: Hough
Michigan State University: Broad ($29,200 -- 20,500 for michigan residents.)
University of Iowa: Tippie
Pennsylvania State University: Smeal ($30, 236 out of state)
University of Washington Business School: Foster ($32,451
out of state; $21,782 for washington residents.)
University of South Carolina: Moore
University of Minnesota: Carlson
University of California at Irvine: Merage
Arizona State University: Carey ($32,600 -- $19,400 for arizona residents)
Ohio State University: Fisher ($36,000 -- $21,000 for ohio residents).

[Edited by sally on 25 Jun 2009]

sally
Affordable MBA
Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:13 PM
All my number gathering in vain!

[Edited by sally on 08 Sep 2009]

Alan

Affordable MBA
Thu Sep 10, 2009 02:09 PM
What do you mean?! You probably have thousands of people applying for Arizona, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Ohio residency by now. ;)

[Edited by Alan on 10 Sep 2009]

mbanenow
Affordable MBA
Sat Feb 27, 2010 07:46 AM
wow does it mean without other financing an MBA is nothing easy? whats is the probability that at the end of the day with so much already in loans one will get a job worth the stress and loans?
deepakbhatia
Affordable MBA
Fri Dec 10, 2010 08:21 AM
If I receive an aid/scholarship/grant, do i have to repay it? Is there any eligibilty requirement for receiving aid/scholarship/grant? Also what are the other financing options for an MBA in US? I am an Indian resident.. I am looking at Boston, Columbia, NYU, Chicago, Michigan, Ross, Cornell.

Also are there any alumni or current students from these schools who can help me in clearing my doubts?\
thanks.
deepakbhatia
Affordable MBA
Fri Dec 10, 2010 08:24 AM
The costs mentioned on websites are for one year or two years? And the costs mentioned above are for one year or entire course?
sophiabavigar
Affordable MBA
Sat Dec 11, 2010 09:58 AM
State schools generally skew slightly less than private schools that are in their same league .. but they can still be really expensive. (Obviously if you go to a public school in the state you live in you can also shave off another few thousand bucks.)

The cheapest tuition I've heard of for an accredited school is in the $18,000 a year range.. but that would be a school with pretty much no internationally recognized brand.

Here are some of the top public US programs in order by financial times ranking. I put example prices in parethesis next to some of the schools' names. Note that the prices are per year, and most programs are 2 years. The higher they a school is on the list, the more expensive it's likely to be:

University of Michigan -- Ross ($45,400 a year -- $40,400 for Michigan residents. )
UCLA -- Anderson
UC Berkely -- Haas
University of Arizona -- Eller
University of Maryland -- Smith ( about $42,000 a year, $33,000 for Maryland residents.)
University of North Carolina -- Kenan-Flagler ($39,049 per year in state; NC residents, $19525 per year)
University of Texas at Austin: McCombs (out of state $40500)
University of Pittsburgh: Katz (about $25,000 a year, $18,000 for PA residents.)
Texas A & M University: Mays ( $28,092 out of state , $17,976 in state.)
Indiana University: Kelley
University of Florida: Hough
Michigan State University: Broad ($29,200 -- 20,500 for michigan residents.)
University of Iowa: Tippie
Pennsylvania State University: Smeal ($30, 236 out of state)
University of Washington Business School: Foster ($32,451
out of state; $21,782 for washington residents.)
University of South Carolina: Moore
University of Minnesota: Carlson
University of California at Irvine: Merage
Arizona State University: Carey ($32,600 -- $19,400 for arizona residents)
Ohio State University: Fisher ($36,000 -- $21,000 for ohio residents).

Thanks a lot Sally for such a nice information about Affordable MBA.

[Edited by Admin on 15 Dec 2010]

sally
Affordable MBA
Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:10 PM
What kind of information? You could start with the school web site: www.cob.ohio-state.edu/
Evan2007
Affordable MBA
Mon Dec 13, 2010 04:22 PM
Some people on this board need to put the "quest" back in question, and do a bit of their own research...
mbowes
Affordable MBA
Tue Jan 11, 2011 09:33 PM

Your best bet is a MBA online program

[Edited by Admin on 12 Jan 2011]

MykelBBY
Affordable MBA
Thu Sep 01, 2011 04:19 AM
Try looking at Eastern New Mexico University (ENMU) if you are interested in online. It's an accredited state school based in Portales, NM. The best part is that you will pay in-state tuition if you take less than six (6) units per semester -- regardless of where you call home!! Ten classes get you the degree, and each class will cost you only (drum roll please) about $600.00. Voila!! An MBA degree for only about $6,000.00 plus books and other incidentals. I looked at University of North Carolina where the cost was in excess of $80,000 for an online MBA. ENMU may just be the best kept secret ever! Look at the website.
Duncan

Affordable MBA
Sat Sep 03, 2011 01:09 PM
Comparing ENMA with UNC at Chapel Hill is pointless. The learning and the outcomes are not the same. It's like saying that the Tata Nano costs less than the Bugatti.

There are several inexpensive MBAs available online, and you should compare ENMA with them: www.find-mba.com/board/21614 In particular you need to remember that ENMA is not accredited by AACSB, the quality assurance organisation most respected in the USA. www.aacsb.net/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=AACSB&WebKey=00E50D…

I think you are replying on business.enmu.edu/mba/requirements.shtml which suggest that ENMU requires ten courses -- but that is only if you have already studied the 11 foundation courses elsewhere. So, if you have a BBA from a AASCB university then you could skip the first half. However, if you read the graduate catalog then you'll see that ENMU also requires a thesis plus one elective, or three electives. That means most students would need to take 63 hours, and that's a total around $12,000.

[Edited by Duncan on 03 Sep 2011]

Reply to this post

Related Programs