FIND MBA - MBA Programs Wordwide

MBA Discussion Board

MBA Discussion Board > Asia > MBA-Dubai RSS Feed

MBA-Dubai

rizwanbhawra
MBA-Dubai
Mon Dec 28, 2009 02:32 PM
Dear Arun,

S P Jain Center of Management would be a good option also. It has campus in India, Singapore and Dubai. It is also ranked in India and Singapore.
The Fees is also lower ~ 60Kdhs for EMBA.

Dear guys, what's your opinion about this.

Best regards,
Show ProfileProfile P.M. Quote
ronny_fernandes
MBA-Dubai
Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:34 AM
Hi,
Well looking at your conversation, I just wanted to add or know which of these schools provide campus recruitment.

Hope you can help in this!!!

rizwanbhawra
MBA-Dubai
Mon Jan 04, 2010 03:57 PM
Hi friends,

Still confused which mba to take.

Today I went to Hult fees:- 188k dhs(with 15% tution fee scholarship)..

Does ranking of international MBA matter(of course the top 10 or 50 does), ‘coz I know two such schools Heriot watt and University of Wollongong(Australia) these are top 200. and fee 81K dhs to 75Kdhs.

Then there are Manchester Busi school and Stratclyde Univ (uk) which are Top 50 and fees 130 to 150K dhs.

The Strathclyde has it's campus in HCT in Academic city & Qusais. How is this school. worth going???
Their learning method:-
1. Face-to-Face teaching by Strathclyde staff @ HCT. Seminars & workshops & exams by them.
2. Regular local conselling sessionsn by HCT-CERT.

Best regards,

[Edited by rizwanbhawra on 04 Jan 2010]

gharper73
MBA-Dubai
Fri Feb 05, 2010 09:40 PM
hi MBA-Dubai,

Rankings are useful up to a point. Each ranking is weighted in a different fashion, for instance the FT ranking weights post-MBA salary highly, as well as the quality of the faculty and research. Business Week takes more consideration of student and recruiters opinions. So as long as you are familiar with the methodology used and understand why schools appear where they do, they can be useful.

I would say that accreditation is equally if not more important than the rankings. They give you the reassurance that the quality of the curriculum has been verified by independent bodies.

The main accreditation bodies are
AMBA - UK
Equis - Europe
AACSB - USA

Some schools like LBS are accredited by all 3.

In terms of cost versus value, generally, you get what you pay for. Most accredited schools will have a similar curriculum. For the very top schools, with the toughest admission standards, you pay extra for the brand on your CV and the quality of the students and the alumni network, which will stay with you long after you have graduated. Any MBA should be viewed as a long term investment that will keep paying a return 5, 10, 15 years into the future.
SarahKelani
MBA-Dubai
Wed Feb 10, 2010 02:56 PM
Hi,
I wanted to get an MBA but for all Universities I checked, Hult, LBS, Cass; they needed a minimum of 4 years experience. I am a fresh graduate and still dont have any finance related experience but still want get my MBA early.
And I want to get it from an internationally recognised School.
Does anyone know if there is a program in any international university that provides an MBA without experience?
ibanker
MBA-Dubai
Wed Feb 10, 2010 04:47 PM
Hult has a Master of International Business program in Dubai specifically designed for fresh graduates.

www.hult.edu/masters-program/programs/international-business

I doubt any ranked business school will give you a true "MBA" without work experience. But no doubt Wollongong and some other local schools may.
Shazza
MBA-Dubai
Sat Feb 20, 2010 01:57 PM
This thread has been very usefull, i have done a bit of research and attended some info sessions, still to attend a few the next few weeks and have narrowed my options as follows, as per FT ranking in last 3yrs and costs in GBP:
Ranking (2010/2008/2009)
LBS - 1/1/2 GBP58,212
Manchester - 40/32/32 GBP
Cass: City University- 41/41/41 GBP29,000
Strathclyde Uni - 51/41/30 GBP15,000
Herriot Watt - Edinbrgh 81/92/44 GBP14,580
Bradford -89/87/53 GBP14,000
Hult - 94/ 97/0 GBP39,204

I know the EMBA ranking is different and only a few of those were ranked in 2009 for EMBA.
Does anyone know more about Herriot Watt, Strathcldye and Bradford, price wise they seem better and ranked higher than Hult, which only gives financial aid to North Americans, i am south african so:(

[Edited by Shazza on 20 Feb 2010]

ibanker
MBA-Dubai
Sat Feb 20, 2010 05:27 PM
Be careful of using the FT ranking when choosing a school in Dubai. Heriott and Strathclyde dont contribute their student data from Dubai (UAE is not listed as their location). Hult does. By the way not true that Hult doesnt give financial aid to people outside North America. I am from Europe and got a loan + scholarship.
Shazza
MBA-Dubai
Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:58 AM
Be careful of using the FT ranking when choosing a school in Dubai. Heriott and Strathclyde dont contribute their student data from Dubai (UAE is not listed as their location). Hult does. By the way not true that Hult doesnt give financial aid to people outside North America. I am from Europe and got a loan + scholarship.

well, i checked Hult's website and the info i saw on scholarships was for North Americans, but am going to an info session tomorrow and will find out more
Stef
MBA-Dubai
Tue Mar 02, 2010 02:24 PM
Hi Shazza (and anyone else who can answer)!
I am also from South Africa and I am looking for a part-time MBA in Dubai.
Strathclyde has been recommended to me - what is your impression of this school from the info session you attended?
Do they offer scholarships for South Africans?
Thanks!
ibanker
MBA-Dubai
Tue Mar 02, 2010 08:54 PM

well, i checked Hult's website and the info i saw on scholarships was for North Americans, but am going to an info session tomorrow and will find out more

How was the Hult info session?
yasar434
MBA-Dubai
Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:55 AM
I have recently applied for admission in Hult Business School I am presently working in UAE I am planning to quit my job and join MBA how will I get a education loan from a UAE bank as I am an Indian national. I dont have much financial aid from my family for MBA as the fees are too high. But I am very desperate to do MBA from an Internationally recognised BSCHOOL.
alerizwe
MBA-Dubai
Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:51 AM
Hi ammiy,
Did you joined MBS ? How is your experience about their education ? I am planning to join this program in July 2010.
pat127
MBA-Dubai
Mon Apr 12, 2010 09:14 AM
hello,
i need to make a choice between bradford emba and strathclyde mba in dubai. please provide your inputs!!! which one is more preferred by employers in general?
gharper73
MBA-Dubai
Sat May 01, 2010 05:20 AM
Hi,
I wanted to get an MBA but for all Universities I checked, Hult, LBS, Cass; they needed a minimum of 4 years experience. I am a fresh graduate and still dont have any finance related experience but still want get my MBA early.
And I want to get it from an internationally recognised School.
Does anyone know if there is a program in any international university that provides an MBA without experience?

Hi Sarah,
Most of the top full-time MBA programmes require at least 2 years of postgraduate work experience. This is because a large proportion of the learning comes from the shared experiences of the class.

If you are looking for a programme specifically designed for students without any experience you should consider the raft of MSc in Management courses that are around. The FT has a ranking of these at rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/masters-in-management

London Business School launched a Msc Management last year, which is too new to be included in the FT's list. This is specifically designed for students with less than 1 year of experience.
www.london.edu/programmes/mastersinmanagement.html
natchiram
MBA-Dubai
Sun May 02, 2010 04:21 AM
Hi All,

Apart from Hult and Manchester, is University of wollongong a good option in dubai?I went through their website and found it good but some useful information from anyone of you guys will be great.

Thanks,
Ram
nitin.allawat
MBA-Dubai
Mon May 03, 2010 02:00 PM
Hi there.. coming from a fellow IMT,Dubai passout, this should lend some trust in the views expressed below.
The strangest thing bout dis discussion is that no1 has evn bothered to mention IMT Dubai in this thread.
IMT dubai evr since its inception has maintained a tremendous placement record and coupled with its amazing infrastructure and student life makes it the ideal destination for an mba.
wat more can you ask for form an institute that comes from a rich heritage of IMT Ghaziabad back in India with 29years of experience.
PLus it has students from all over the world. givin u a truly global learning experience.
Luck to all
aboyman
MBA-Dubai
Thu May 06, 2010 09:47 PM
what a wonderful discussion here.i am applying for an Mba and have upto 2 years experience.after the mba tour at lagos hult staff called me for an interview,which is still on process.but am interested in INSEAD and i heard that they have a campus too in dubai.can some one tell me about INSEAD.the cost is high but i think the gain is much.actually looking out for scholarships.
natchiram
MBA-Dubai
Fri May 07, 2010 03:23 AM
I am thankful to you guys for letting me know the top universities based in Dubai. I know that University of wollongong in Australia is a very good university. But can anyone clarify on where it stands in the league of Insead, Manchester, Hult in Dubai. Does UoW has the same reputation?
vivekjn
MBA-Dubai
Wed May 26, 2010 05:46 PM
Can somebody throw some light on Manchester's part-time (global) MBA programs offered through Dubai Centre. I have been offered a place on part-time MBA from Manchester (Dubai Campus) for July 2010 intake. I have 10+ years of experience in banking/financial services with B. Com. Is it treated at par with full-time Manchester MBAs in the industry ?
ammiy
MBA-Dubai
Sat Jun 12, 2010 02:23 PM
Hi Vivek,

Are you joining Manchester, are youlooking at some other b schools also.
vivekjn
MBA-Dubai
Sun Jun 13, 2010 04:31 PM
Hi Ammiy,
The last date is just round the corner i.e. 15th June, could you help me to take a decision

Regards,
Vivek
ammiy
MBA-Dubai
Sun Jun 13, 2010 05:14 PM
MBS course is good, though lot of commitment is required. I am not sure if it is ranked at par with full time MBA.
alerizwe
MBA-Dubai
Sun Jun 13, 2010 06:31 PM
Well the degree is the same.... as they award to full time students .. so i dont think its any different in terms of wht you get at the end :). I ve joined july 2010 batch so hope to see you there .. and ammiy thnx for your feedback.
vivekjn
MBA-Dubai
Tue Jun 15, 2010 04:59 AM
Hi Alerizwe / ammiy,

Thanks guys for your inputs, i have finally decided to join MBS (July 2010 batch in Dubai Campus). Hope to see you on board !

Cheers!
Vivek

Related Articles

A Global Destination: MBA Programs in Dubai
How different business programs in and around the growing emirate can meet a variety of needs
By M. Filtz

More Articles