FIND MBA - MBA Programs Wordwide

MBA Discussion Board

MBA Discussion Board > United Kingdom - Ireland > Can I choose Heriot Watt for MBA RSS Feed

Can I choose Heriot Watt for MBA

ramesh87
Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:01 AM
Hi,

Can any one suggest me first will I get an admission in Heriot Watt University for MBA.Am 2.6 years exp in IT in technical side.If I get so can I choose it.Because the reviews I found where people said the course might be much much tough to complete like that.Can any one suggest me???
Show ProfileProfile P.M. Quote
Duncan

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:58 PM
Ramesh, you have enough work experience for a serious, internationally accredited MBA. Why go to Heriot Watt, which is certainly a okay, middle-of-the-road unaccredited MBA, when you could do n excellent one with AMBA accreditation?
ezra

Tue Nov 22, 2011 04:54 PM
Indeed, you should check out schools that have either AACSB, AMBA, or EQUIS accreditation in order to ensure a decent learning experience and good placement possibilities afterwards. If you can work for another half year and build your work experience to three years, and score 610-650 on your GMAT, I'd suggest these in Scotland:

University of Edinburgh Business School
University of Strathclyde
Aberdeen Business School

Although Aberdeen does not require you to take a GMAT, I would, in order to apply to the others and hedge your bets. Also, it demonstrates quantitative skills, something that Aberdeen would look for anyway.
Mamit

Tue Nov 22, 2011 09:59 PM

Aberdeen Business School is now accepting students with no work experience (mainly students from engineering background). Due to this most of the students in Aberdeen are with no or 1 year work experience.

Reply to this post

Related Programs