FIND MBA - MBA Programs Wordwide

MBA Discussion Board

MBA Discussion Board > USA > MBA in New York RSS Feed

MBA in New York

Liam
MBA in New York
Mon Jan 02, 2006 09:07 AM
Can someone tell me which MBA school in New York, of the 41 listed in this site, is worthwile going to, in terms of international esteem etc.? Thanxs!
Show ProfileProfile P.M. Quote
Marsha

MBA in New York
Mon Jan 02, 2006 06:38 PM
If you are looking for a strong international reputation, you have to try to get into NYU Stern or Columbia. You could also think about Cornell University, Johnson, which is not located in New York City, but in Ithaca (3 hours from NYC).
dizzyrascal
MBA in New York
Mon Jan 16, 2006 07:37 AM
agreed about the top schools in NYC -- Stern and Columbia. but if you are not worried about out-of-state fees, there are other b-schools in the region that lie in other states, but are closer than Cornell, like Wharton in Philadelphia and Yale in New Haven. anyway take a look. good luck.
Liam
MBA in New York
Thu Jan 19, 2006 08:15 AM
Actually, I am more interested in alternative and reputed b-schools in NYC itself... Any ideas?
dizzyrascal
MBA in New York
Sun Jan 22, 2006 09:44 AM
What about Fordham? Lots of choices there.
www.find-mba.com/university/287
Liam
MBA in New York
Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:09 AM
Interesting, A Jesuit B-school..? Anyways, I haven't thought about this one and it is in the center of town for sure ;-). Thanks for the hint!
efthimaras
MBA in New York
Fri Feb 10, 2006 08:47 PM
Hi guys!!!
I am a student from greece and i am about to take my business degree in forthcoming june,and my age is 24!
i have a couple of foul time w/e and a GPA 7/10 almost.
I am interested in fordham, baruch , st. john's and hofstra mba programs!
Could anyone please post a comment about these schools,like wich is better and why or anything at all, because here in greece its to hard to find anynone who could help me and guide me!!!
Thanks a lot anyway!!!!!!
dizzyrascal
MBA in New York
Sat Feb 11, 2006 03:47 PM
these are all accredited and pretty good programs overall. keep in mind that hofstra is a bit outside of NYC. and remember too that fordham and st.johns are both religious-affiliated schools. i dont know if that matters to you or not, but i just thought i would say it anyway.
Jon
MBA in New York
Sun Feb 12, 2006 09:24 AM
remember too that fordham and st.johns are both religious-affiliated schools.

I guess that this does not affect the content of the MBA courses in any way. Fordham has a good name in the US and I think it is also has the strongest international reputation of the programs mentioned by efthimaras.
dizzyrascal
MBA in New York
Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:22 PM
no, i suppose you are right about the content of the mba programs. but i imagine being a catholic or jesuiut school perhaps affects campus life to some degree.
jukra

CBS / NYU Acceptances ??
Sat Mar 04, 2006 09:25 AM
Did anyone get news from CBS or NYU yet? Would be great to let me know...
Marsha

MBA in New York
Sun Mar 12, 2006 06:38 PM
Can someone tell me which MBA school in New York, of the 41 listed in this site, is worthwile going to, in terms of international esteem etc.? Thanxs!

The MBA listings on this website are sorted according to popularity (=no. of user views), i.e. you should particularily consider the first 5-10 programs in "New York".

[Edited by Admin on 12 Mar 2006]

smarty2001
MBA in US
Tue Mar 14, 2006 06:20 PM
Hello guys, This is Ran from Canada. Are there any MBA programs in US with internship or co-op terms. Can someone help me..

Thanx :)
TTear
MBA in US
Tue Mar 21, 2006 05:24 PM
Hi guys. I'm from Greece as well (greetings Efthimara arhige!).

I've applied to various US business schools. I've already been accepted at Pepperdine in Malibu, California. However, I think I'm mostly interested in NYC. I got the boot from Columbia but I have my eye on Fordham or Baruch.

What would you guys do? Would you pick Pepperdine as it seems to be the best choice, or would you wait for the rest that I mentioned? How would you compare those 3? I also consider Uni of Miami and San Diego State University (sorry for throwing in so many..).

TIA
Mendez66
MBA in US
Tue Mar 21, 2006 08:49 PM
Hi Tia. Are you waiting to hear back from Fordham and Baruch or are you just thinking of applying? I think of the three others, I would be most happy with Pepperdine. First off, it's in Malibu. That's which is where rich people from L.A: go to live when they retire. I'm not saying that is a deal-breaker or anything, but it is a good sign that the place is nice, especially if you like to surf or want to learn. :) But besides that, Pepperdine is a school with a great reputation for business. I don't really know much about the programs at SDSU or Miami.
diachronie
MBA in NYC
Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:49 AM
Is there someone who knows about St.John's, Longisland and Hoftra.
I'm condidering to go to their accounting course, but I acutally don't know their reputation. Considering St. John's program at accounting, I guess the classes are so many(more than 60 degrees). I'm from Asian, so I can't actually find the resourses their reputation and atomsphere except one of the famouse B-school, NYU and Columbia in NYC.
diachronie
MBA in NYC
Fri Jun 16, 2006 03:19 PM
Except I mentioned above, I occured suddenly wheter they are 2 year-dayime-fulltime course or not.

2 year fulltime-daytime;
Columbia
NYU
CUNY
Fordham
Hofstra

2 year fulltime-evening ;
IONA
St john's
Longisland
NYIT
Pace

Is that right?
I would like to know about St john's as early as possible.

Thank you

asdc
MBA in NYC
Wed Jun 21, 2006 07:29 AM
As far as reputation is concerned, I would say #1 Hofstra, #2 St. Johns, dont know the third one you name. However, you should be aware that Hofstra is not located in NYC but one hour away from the city in upstate NY.

[Edited by asdc on 21 Jun 2006]

asdc
MBA in NYC
Thu Jun 22, 2006 08:05 AM
Longisland University also does not seem to be located in New York City but somewhere in NY state (Orangeburg ??).

[Edited by asdc on 22 Jun 2006]

diachronie
MBA in NYC
Thu Jun 22, 2006 03:18 PM
Thank you very much!!

Yes, I know the Hofstra's location, which is located to take about 1 hour from NYC(Manhattan). As your suggestion, had I better to go to Hofstra MBA course compared to St john's MBA because Hofstra's reputation is better than St John's and Hofstra's MBA couse is 2-year-fulltime-daytime compared to St john's 2-year-fulltime-evening? And Considering that St John's loacation is separated Manhattan, Queens and Staten island, the school and study atomosphere in Hofstra is better than St John's? Someone helps me!

[Edited by diachronie on 22 Jun 2006]

Roland

MBA in NYC
Mon Jun 26, 2006 07:18 AM
Is St. John's located in Jamaica, the part of the city of New York close to JFK? Because if it is than the location couldn't be worse. I have passed jamaica several times when going to the airport and it is certainly not a safe place to hang around.
diachronie
MBA in NYC
Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:12 AM
Thanks Roland,
Uh, Jamaica(Queens) is worse location and danger?? I didn't know it!! Thank you for your information!
Roland

MBA in NYC
Thu Jul 06, 2006 07:22 AM
I am not 100% sure. The neighborhood "Jamaica" in Queens, New York City itself is definitely not a nice place to hang out. However, since the postal address puts "Jamaica" as the city name instead of NYC, it is possible that there is also a city called Jamaica somwhere in NY state. I would double-check that in any case before accepting an offer. good luck!

[Edited by Roland on 06 Jul 2006]

weivillage
MBA in NYC
Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:41 PM
I'm interested to joint MBA in NYC, but I need suggestion, for finding the right MBA.

1. My GPA 2.7(suck, I know)
2. Need suggestion about university that can accept that.
guiseppe
MBA in NYC
Mon Sep 25, 2006 01:58 PM
Does anyone know anything about the reputation of Mercy College's MBA program?