FIND MBA - MBA Programs Wordwide

MBA Discussion Board

MBA Discussion Board > United Kingdom - Ireland > (MBA) - Leeds vs Nottingham RSS Feed

(MBA) - Leeds vs Nottingham

asif.nazir7985

Thu May 19, 2011 08:43 PM
I did explain my case to them but I guess they must be really busy sorting out the applications (judging by the fact that they did not make any extra effort to help out a potential student). Their answer was "wait!".

The few problems I have with Strathclyde are their concentration on strategic management (subsequent lack of marketing electives), and their lack of student diversity. During the interview with Strath, I expressed my concerns over the diversity issue; to which the lady over the phone confirmed that the high concentration of Indian and Chinese students on the MBA program is due to the demand. From my perspective, it really does mean that they make no effort whatsoever to maintain a diverse cohort. They cave in to the demand. My friends in Strath tell me that the current class has more than 80% Indians. The rest are Chinese!

I also hear that Birmingham as a city is much better than Glasgow on most counts. In terms of Fees: Bham is 18000 and Strath is 23500. I guess Bham is worth a li'l more wait!
Show ProfileProfile P.M. Quote
Duncan

Thu May 19, 2011 11:14 PM
If it was me, I would chose Birmingham anyday over Leeds or Glasgow. The city, campus, business school and cohort will all be better in Brum. My friend did her PhD there, and it was a great place to be a graduate student.

80% Indians does make their average reported salary look interesting.

[Edited by Duncan on 26 Sep 2011]

asif.nazir7985

Mon May 23, 2011 05:00 PM
Hi Duncan,

Then Birmingham it is! Received the offer today; will confirm by tomorrow, and fulfill the formalities.
Martin_82
Sun Sep 25, 2011 03:03 PM
Hey Nazir,

did u already have started ur mba?
kind regards from germany

Reply to this post

Related Programs