U.S. News and World Report Publishes Annual Business School RankingsHarvard and Stanford share the top slot; some second tier programs advance
Mar 13, 2012
In the new rankings, Harvard Business School and the Stanford Graduate School of Business now share the number one position. In the last five years, these schools have shared the top spot four times - the exception being last year, when Stanford had the top spot all to itself, and Harvard was ranked number two.
Otherwise, very little has changed among the rest of the top spots this year. Wharton is ranked number three, while position number four is shared by Kellogg, Booth, and Sloan. The rest of the top ten includes UC Berkeley - Haas, Columbia, Dartmouth - Tuck, and Yale.
However, the real competition seems to be in the lower parts of the ranking, where a few programs have made substantial improvements this year and many schools now tie for single positions. The University of Notre Dame - Mendoza jumped 12 spots to land in a five-way tie at position number 25 (with Ohio State - Fisher, the University of Wisconsin at Madison, Vanderbilt - Owen; and Rice University - Jones, which jumped nine spots.) The University of Rochester - Simon leapt 12 spots to position 37, landing it in a tie with Boston - Carroll, Boston University, University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign, and the University of Texas at Dallas.
For more information, visit the U.S. News and World Report's rankings.
- Harvard Business School (HBS)
- Stanford University - Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB)
- The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- MIT Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of California, Berkeley - Haas School of Business
- Columbia Business School (CBS), Columbia University
- Dartmouth College - Tuck School of Business
- Yale School of Management (Yale SOM)
- University of Notre Dame - Mendoza College of Business
- Ohio State University - Fisher College of Business
- University of Wisconsin, Madison - Wisconsin School of Business
- Vanderbilt University - Owen Graduate School of Management
- Rice University - Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business
- University of Rochester - Simon Graduate School of Business Administration
- Boston College - Carroll School of Management
- Boston University (BU) School of Management
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- The University of Texas at Dallas - Naveen Jindal School of Management
Leave a Comment
If you are already an FIND MBA member, please login.